Updated: Sep 16
Ashley is a young adult navigating this thing called life. I follow my passions and make a way when there seems to be nowhere to go. I found yoga about 8 years ago and fell in love. Being a former athlete, fitness and movement have been a part of my life since she was 3 years old; but growing older and after years of competition my body no longer can take the impact of sports, or hard workouts. I began taking my yoga practice seriously about 2 years ago, and realized there is so much to learn from this practice.
I am a baker, that hopes to one day combine yoga and baked goods into a program for children. Bringing together two things I love, but also two things that are great activities for bonding with your child and creating lasting memories they will never forget. From falling on your face trying to learn crow and laughing hysterically to dropping a bag of flour on the floor creating a cloud of smoke in the kitchen. Time spent is the best part, and even better when we are creating tasty treats. Quick breads are easy, delicious, and versatile. So below I have included a recipe for lemon blueberry bread that can be baked as muffins, loaves, sheet cake and cut into bars, or even a bundt cake. Hope you enjoy and create not only a tasty treat but a lasting memory with your little ones.
Lemon Blueberry Bread
1.5 cups Berries
1 pound 1oz. Sugar
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
2 lemons Zest
.25oz Baking Powder
12oz Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees, prepare pans with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter, then combine with sugar and eggs.
3. Once combined, add lemon juice. Stir until fully mixed and add sour cream,
4. In separate bowl combine flour, lemon zest, and baking powder until combined.
5. Add flour to egg and sugar mixture, stir until just combined.
6. Add mixture to pans and bake until top bounces back when pressed and toothpick comes out clean.
Turn pans half way through baking to ensure even baking.
1. For muffins usually 30- 45min
2. Mini muffins about 15-30min
3. Loaves about 45min- 1 hr